Written By Rachel & Luke Mead, President & VP of Business Development for Enhanced Prep
With the end of 2019 just around the corner, we wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to all of you who have made this adventure possible! Enhanced Prep has seen some amazing growth this year, especially with our community partners, including several non-profits, schools, independent college counselors, and libraries. Our Team is growing as well: we have added six new members since the beginning of the year. We have also had a few team members depart for new adventures, including one to the music industry (he is currently in the studio with several platinum-selling artists), one as a 911 dispatcher, and one to a non-profit in Colorado. Here are some of the highlights from this year:
- College Success Foundation, SAT Prep Program – We had the opportunity and privilege to work with over 20 groups of CSF Achievers students within Washington State. Our team partnered with the amazing staff at CSF to give these students the opportunity to attend a 12-Hour prep course that helped increase students’ scores by over 200 points. We are excited and proud to continue this work going into 2020.
- Westminster High School, Test Prep Program – This was a very exciting opportunity to help over 180 students prepare for either the SAT or ACT. We ran the program on the Westminster campus over the course of six Saturdays. With over 90% of the students attending every session, we saw an increase of scores by 4 points on the ACT and 200 points on the SAT. We are so proud of all the students who gave up their Saturdays to prepare for their future and we are excited to continue with a new group come the Spring of 2020.
- Take Charge Foundation, Homework Support Program – Our partnership with the Shane Battier Take Charge Foundation is an amazing opportunity for our team to work with several of their students to provide homework support in math, English, and science. Meeting three days a week, the students are starting to see fantastic improvement with their grades and, more importantly, their confidence needed for success in school.
- Graduate Tacoma! Foundation, Partner Support – Graduate Tacoma! Is a unique organization that brings together community partners to support the underserved students within Tacoma Public Schools. Our partnership with them has allowed us the opportunity to support many of their non-profit partners like Upward Bound, MDC, and many more. We have also co-sponsored events within the Tacoma School District to provide students with access to free resources like the SAT vs. ACT Workshop, PSAT Review Workshop, and more. We are excited to see this partnership continue to grow in the coming year.
- Lincoln High School, After School Tutoring Program – This program is sponsored by a local businessman and Lincoln alumni Chris Brown who approached Lincoln and Enhanced Prep about providing an after school homework support tutoring program for the members of the football team. Chris’s financial support has allowed our tutors the opportunity to support these students twice a week in the library at school where they connect with one of our tutors via Zoom to help them with homework. The group of students continues to grow week after week.
- Riverside County Public Libraries, Free SAT & SAT Practice Tests – Our partnership with the Riverside County Public Libraries has allowed us the opportunity to provide a free full-length practice test and a free 30-minute consultation to hundreds of students during 2019 and we already have plans for many more in 2020. These tests, coupled with our detailed score reports and consultations, give students and parents an excellent game plan as they prepare for the official test.
We would also like to mention a few of our other partners like MOCHA, International College Counselors, Tacoma Public Schools, MDC Upward Bound, Capistrano Unified School District, and Huntington Beach School District.
As we move towards 2020, we look forward to the continued growth of our current partnerships, the opportunity to form new partnerships, and growing our team of Super Tutors. Thank you to our current team for sharing themselves with our families. Your passions and expertise are what allow us to be Enhanced Prep! Finally, we would like to say thank you to all of our students, their families, and all of you who have made 2019 a wonderful year. We are excited to see what the new year holds for Enhanced Prep.
Happy Holidays from your Enhanced Prep Family!